One of the most popular social network sites being used by millions of people today is Twitter. These people are sending short messages to their friends. If you are just starting to use Twitter then it can be a bit complicated. There are a lot of things that you can do in Twitter and there are also some things that you should not do. These tips can help you in managing your Twitter account effectively.
- First of all, you must not tweet every 15 minutes. The tendency is people may unfollow you because you are sending too much tweets. But it’s ok to send tweets every hour. Sometimes excessive tweeting can cause repetitive messages which can be annoying. For instance, the tweets that you have read last night were also the ones that appear early in the morning.
- It is important to plan your tweets ahead of time except if you are retweeting. Make sure your tweets are done politely.
- Your tweets should not be more than 100 characters so that you can still have space for retweets. Try to keep your tweets as short as you can so that people will be enticed to read it and respond to it.
- When making comments, try to make it positive all the time. You must be polite in responding.
- Avoid making unclear messages. The best thing to do is to tell a story that is connected to your product or service.
- Do not just follow anybody. Most individuals follow other people hoping that they can get more followers. However, this will not be useful to your business. You must only follow those people who are connected to your business. Take note that auto follow may provide you more quantity but not quality.
- Avoid using abusive or foul language. Always remember that you are tweeting people who have feelings. Try to respect them as much you want to be respected. Avoid tweeting something that can hurt other people’s feelings.
- Do not follow Twitter users who do not have complete profiles or do not give accurate information. Most people would love to follow real businesses which give transparent information about their product. Always provide all the necessary information in your profile and do not include unimportant ones.
- Even if you are using your Twitter account for you business, you should not make it too obvious. Do not be too excessive in boasting your products. As much as possible, you should balance your tweets.
- Do not use your Twiiter account for personal conversations, especially if you have a business. Since not all people are interested in them then there is no significance in tweeting them.
If you would like to know if people are tweeting about your product or service then you can do some research. Before you dedicate your time in Twitter, you must first determine your objective. For instance, some use it for selling products while others use it for providing customer support.
Twitter can definitely help you in promoting your brand. However, before you start tweeting you must have a plan so that you can become successful on Twitter.